Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gluten Free Blueberry Cinnamon Pancakes


First off, can I say YUM! This is the first time I have had pancakes since going GF and I was not disappointed. Even my husband thought they were great. It is definitely a recipe we will be repeating in the near future.

Recipe and Ingredients

Yield: 8 four-inch pancakes (4 servings)


  • 1 cup frozen/fresh blueberries (thawed)
  • 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 3/4 cup Milk (cow, soy, rice, almond, coconut)
  • 1 Tbsp. Oil
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon 



Combine Bob's Red Mill Pancake Mix, egg, milk, cinnamon and vegetable oil. Blend well with electric mixer or whisk. 

Then add blueberries. Let batter stand and preheat non-stick griddle to medium-high temperature. I have an electric oven and I heated it to 4 on the dial. Lightly grease pan with butter or oil. I like to start off with a mini pancake to test the temperature of my pan.



Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and cook until top is bubbly, turn and cook until opposite side is golden brown. Adjust temperature if necessary and continue cooking remaining batter.

Top with all natural home-made syrup and enjoy! 


2 comments:

  1. Lookin good! I'll have to check out Kroger's and see if they have that mix :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not check meijer they usually have a good gf section

    ReplyDelete