Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Okay, so at first I thought yuck! How does that work or worse...taste!?! I first saw this recipe in a gluten free cookbook, but I didn't get the guts to try it till I saw a friend of mine post how amazing it was.

Ingredients you will need.

1 head of cauliflower
1/4 cup of cheese (your choice of kind)
2 eggs
thyme
oregano
cumin
italian seasoning
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1/4 small onion chopped
pizza sauce or tomato paste
ground turkey 

Pre-heat oven to 425'F. 

Using a cheese grater, shred the cauliflower then put it into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 8 minutes. Then let it cool for a few minutes. 



Add cheese, eggs, and spices. (I used 1/4 pepperjack cheese in the base and 1/4 shredded colby jack for the final topping) Stir until it starts to hold its shape and is mixed thoroughly. Spread out on a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. 1/4 inch thick seems to be the perfect depth for the cauliflower crust.  


Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. While that is baking, brown your meat. It doesn't take much, but it really depends on how much you want to use. 

Obviously we had A LOT of meat left over, but I will freeze it for later. 

Now prepare your other toppings. I love peppers, so we made that the bulk of our pizza. You can add mushrooms, pepperoni, really whatever you want. I kept it simple to ensure that it was GF. 



Once the crust is browned pull from oven and top with sauce, then your other toppings. Spring with oregano and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. 



Cut and enjoy! 

p.s. it doesn't taste like cauliflower at all!! It is amazing and is a new favorite in the Wagner household. 


2 comments:

  1. This really looks good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one night when I come home I can make it for y'all :)

    ReplyDelete