Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fresh Fruit Smoothie

Whenever I get a sweet tooth, I turn to fruit. It's natural, healthy, and just yummy. Now, let me say, there is too much of a good thing. So moderation is key.

First off, take a cup of milk and pour it into blender. I use skim/or fat free. Adults don't need the extra fat in milk that kids might need, so keep it simple. Soy or almond milk would even be a good choice. Then add your banana and blend it up good. Add your frozen strawberries and blend those as well. I like frozen berries because it gives it an iced texture. Top with a garnish (if desired) and enjoy. :)

1 Cup Milk
1 Banana
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries

Feel free to mix it up and choose different fruit. Blueberries, peaches, grapes, raspberries, anything will work.

Next thing I want to get into, is veggies smoothies. :) Will post soon.

1 comment: